Exploring Food Allergy Families
The Data About Our Feelings - Exploring CFAAR Research; Guests: Ruchi Gupta, MD & Lisa Lombard, PhD [Ep. 10]
August 09, 2020
Tamara Hubbard, LCPC; Dr. Ruchi Gupta; Dr. Lisa Lombard
This episode focuses on understanding what research tells us about the emotional and social impacts food allergies have on individuals and families, and what upcoming CFAAR studies may further explore.
Guests Ruchi Gupta, MD, MPH and Lisa Lombard, Ph.D. from the Center for Food Allergy & Asthma Research (CFAAR) join me on this episode to discuss recent studies focused on the social and emotional impacts food allergies have on individuals and families, and how this data is helping them create new studies and interventions.
We explore the data gathered on....
- Emotions children, caregivers & adults reported feeling
- Exploration of when anxiety is most triggered
- Future studies (i.e. teens/young adults in social scenarios)
- Social / emotional resource and intervention preferences
- What teens say about how their food allergies empower them in life
We also discuss.....
- How mental health clinicians play a role in supporting those managing allergies
How YOU can help shape what CFAAR is researching (or get involved in studies),
and provide input on the resources still needed for communities
CONNECT VIA SOCIAL MEDIA!